Let Us Do The Rest

Can I Sue For A Work Injury?

If you suffered injuries in a work accident, you might have been told by your boss or a friend that workers’ compensation is your only available means of obtaining financial compensation. Depending on the facts of your case, this advice may not be accurate.

If someone other than your employer or a co-worker contributed to the accident that caused your injuries, you might be able to obtain financial compensation through workers’ compensation and a third-party liability claim. Workers injured by a dangerous or defective product (e.g., construction equipment, power tools or other products at your worksite) may also be able to obtain compensation through a defective product claim.

For a free consultation with an attorney regarding your options after a work injury, call us in Jasper at 205-282-4467 or contact us online. We handle workers’ compensation, third-party liability and product liability claims on behalf of injured workers.

What Is A Third-Party Liability Claim?

A third-party liability claim is a type of personal injury claim. If your workplace accident was caused by a subcontractor, independent contractor or another third party (someone other than your employer or a co-worker), you may be able to obtain compensation through a third-party liability claim in addition to your workers’ compensation claim.

Workers’ compensation benefits provide wage and medical benefits, but they do not offer compensation for pain and suffering. Because a third-party liability claim is a personal injury claim, you be able to obtain compensation for pain and suffering, as well as other losses resulting from your injury.

Get A Fee Consultation With A Lawyer Today

To schedule your free consultation, call us locally in Jasper at 205-282-4467 or toll-free at 888-821-0531. You can also complete our online contact form to arrange your free consultation. We represent injured workers and their families throughout Walker County, Jefferson County and Tuscaloosa County.